Brock's Performance Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > YOU have questions....WE have answers!! > The ACTION ! - Brock's Question and Answer Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nutec Fuel- With Nitrous - Event Date: January/01/1900 - January/01/1900

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FastLarry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Nutec Fuel- With Nitrous
    Posted: February/13/2003 at 10:22am
Can you run Nutec with NOS on Carburated motors and if so, do you need to make any changes to the carbs or nos settings? Thanks, Larry
Brock View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/13/2003 at 11:59am

We DO NOT recommend running ANY TYPE of low octane oxygenated fuel in any Nitrous oxide application!

I’m not saying it can’t be done…it has. (With sacrifices to the aluminum gods?!) 

But… If you have Nitrous Oxide….why would you risk serious engine damage for an additional 5 hp normally aspirated?.... When you can safely add MUCH more HP on the spray with race gas without nearly as much risk…….?!

It really makes no sense to me.

We run VP-C16….retarded timing….and ANYTHING else we can think of to keep from destroying engines! It is hard to tune a melted engine.....  

Brock

Ps. We use and sell Nutec Fuel…..It is a very powerful product line.
But, we only use it in the applications for which it is designed.

FastLarry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FastLarry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/13/2003 at 12:13pm
Thanks Brock, I was just curious about the fuel is all.... FL
FastLarry s Web Pages

BDE StreetSmart System
Clutch Cushion

Brock View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2003 at 9:45am

FastLarry,

Please do take my post the wrong way!

You only asked the question... I answered to the hundreds (and perhaps eventually thousands?!) of enthusiasts who will view the answer.

Some guys try to quickly scan a post.....I try to highlight the points I want them to note.

BD

Ps. This reply can save new nitrous oxide users hundreds of dollars and a pile of headaches....I want them to get it!
fastestr1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fastestr1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2003 at 11:48pm
I wish I would have know you offered a system for the 02 zx12 before I got the step hindle.
Just 1 of a few zx12's racing at 60" in the Tx shootout
Brock View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/24/2003 at 8:50am

So do I !!!

We are trying to update our store as quick as we can, but our rapid growth has made it very difficult.

Please e-mail any product availability requests to: sales@brockracing.com

We are working on new projects for nearly every big cc late model sport bike....regardless of manufacturer. Suz/Kaw/Yam/Honda projects are all in final test stages.

Brock

GSXRTURBO1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSXRTURBO1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/04/2003 at 8:33am
As far as nitrous or boosted engines and Nutec go, why do you think the Sport Rider Hahn turbo Busa fiasco turned out the way it did? The people at SR thought Nutec was "race fuel", so it would be ok for their boosted application. Not true! Naturally aspirated applications only, and only those with compression ratios within reason. Seems to me common sense should have prevailed ar SR - i.e. high octane fuel for their high cylinder pressure turbo Busa. Yeah, I guess you could call the Nutec a race fuel, but only in the sense it was designed for.
Thomas Gafa
SS396 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SS396 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/16/2003 at 12:21am
I total understand what you guys are saying about the fuel/nitrous issue, but listen to this. I ordered 5 gallons of Special 5 yesterday, to clean my fuel system out and the person at Nutec said "all the Busa's back east are running this with the turbos and nitrous". I asked if the special 5 was oxygenated and he said "highly". This goes against everything I have been told about oxygenated fuels and nitrous.  Now maybe he/I missunderstood what was said but just wanted to put in my 2 cents.
Tekwizz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekwizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/29/2003 at 8:13pm
Has anybody tried VP Ultimate 4 yet? Does it work in the Busas? In my ZX9 which was jetted for Special 4, It picked up 2 h.p.
CYCLE PERFORMANCE CENTER
BDE DEALER! RICHMOND, VA.
(804)342-7691/334-5012
THEFASTESTMOFO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THEFASTESTMOFO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/30/2003 at 12:32am

It leans the bike out from what I hear.  I did try the MR-8 high octane oxygenated with poor results this past Sunday.

Making fast..FASTER and really fast..STUPID FAST!
BA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/30/2003 at 7:49pm

Hey Dustin, I'm confused.

The MR-8 was designed for very small cc race engines.  ie. 125/250 class,........oh, and for hi-comp., modified 2-strokes.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THEFASTESTMOFO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/2003 at 9:28pm
I was told to try that fuel by my buddy that races large CC cars and said it was a trade secrete.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THEFASTESTMOFO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/2003 at 9:29pm
Octane rating on it is ALOT higher than NUTEC.  But poor results
hick1300 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hick1300 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/06/2003 at 10:41pm
Has any one try to mix Nutec 50/50  with 87 octane fuel and if so what kind of results?
KennAL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KennAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/11/2003 at 3:39am
Hello Brock, can you tell me the difference between MR1 and Nutec. I'm hoping to run MR1 with my dry shot.  And help would be appreciated
P-Funk
entropy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote entropy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/11/2003 at 6:57am
Quote: Originally posted by hick1300 on June 06 03
Has any one try to mix Nutec 50/50  with 87 octane fuel and if so what kind of results?
I mixed Nutec 50/50 with 105 track gas and my hp gain (5-7% incr with straight Nutec) dropped about 50%
use moderation in moderation
BRYAN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BRYAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/11/2003 at 9:55am

Ryan Schnitz did a test on fuels.  This is the best information we have seen.

Did fuel testing last night on my modified ZX-9, and also a stock 2000 R1.

Fuel             Power increase over Pump Gas

Modified Bike

Ulitmate 4                         4.2%
           MR1                              4.2%
     Nutec Special 5                     6.1%
           MR9                              5.7%

Stock Bike
        Ulitmate 4                         1.6%
           MR1                              2.6%
     Nutec Special 5                     2.9%
           MR9                              3.6%

Testing was done on Ryan Schnitz Racing's 250 Dynojet Dyno with Eddy Current.  1/2 gallon of fuel was used, then drained.  Approx. 6 pulls were done with each fuel and the best Peak Horsepower runs were used.  All of these fuels caused the bikes to run rich at lower RPM, but remained nearly the same as pump gas in the higher RPM Range.

VP Ultimate 4       $50.00
VP MR1               $75.00
Nutec Special 5    $90.00
VP MR9               $90.00
(5 gallon cans)

scott packer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott packer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/11/2003 at 2:18pm
Bryan, thanks for the results. That is the kind of information that I have been looking for. Did they re-map for each fuel?
FastLarry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FastLarry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/11/2003 at 3:48pm
Very interesting... FL
FastLarry s Web Pages

BDE StreetSmart System
Clutch Cushion

stockbusa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stockbusa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/19/2003 at 9:58pm

Big thanks Brock for the help with the maps you know best 6.02@122

stock motor w/your mods on nutec stock wheel base busa thanks again

Dwayne

"007"
blklimited02 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blklimited02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/20/2003 at 12:37am
stockbusa congrats thats flying i thought i was doing ok untill i read your post  keep it up what mods do you have ,i have the gen three ,big cc adaptors,airbox mod the best i have so far is a 6.30@119  1.61 60,i have had a 1.56 but my 330 goes to he** when the front end climbs i weigh 218 without leathers if i could run your #'s i won't have to stretch it ,good job.....
stockbusa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stockbusa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/21/2003 at 3:55pm

all of brocks mods,air box the way he says to do it that was on nutec5

alsowith his nutec4map i have the gen2pipe 2001busa

"007"
blklimited02 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blklimited02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/21/2003 at 7:36pm
thats awesome keep it up, and keep us all updated, i'll keep trying, going to track tommorow .................
H8TOBU View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H8TOBU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/17/2003 at 8:27pm

I just received literature on the new Nutec Special 5+.  Son to be called Special 6.  Nutec states it is now Nitrous safe.  I'll be a guinea pig. 

Matt

Always cheat; always win. The only unfair fight is the one you lose
gizmo6g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gizmo6g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/18/2004 at 4:44pm

HEY GUINEA PIG...H8TOBU..HOW DID NUTEC SP6 WORK WITH YOU NOS?..DRY SHOT?..WET?..WHAT MODS DO YOU HAVE..WE ARE ALL DYING TO KNOW

Gizmo6g

Real Racers perfect their craft on stock machines..Nuuugg!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic