Brock's Performance Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Articles and Information > Product Discussions (Customers Welcome to add a Topic)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hello

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ninja Focus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello
    Posted: January/11/2019 at 6:51am
Afternoon All,

I'm new to the forum and was hoping to learn from the more experienced individuals here, I'm out in South Africa walking my pet rhino when I decided to order a map from Brock's as my 2015 ZZR14 keeps topping out at 298kmh/185mph and I just don't understand it.

I have AH2 Full system, ecu flash, stock gearing, Pcv with auto-tuner installed, using regular pump gas 95 with (not always) an octane additive, full synthetic oil. For some reason this bike is lacking the wow factor my previous bikes had... also to note this is my 1st 14r previously raped a 2006 R1, k8 1000/ 08 zx10r and they all pulled me into my seat but not this one.

Also just to mention we don't always get some of the products the States have available to them or any other country American and or European (very frustrating) 

Happy when the rubber hits the road
Steve6 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/11/2019 at 8:29am
Ninja Focus, hello and welcome!  Once you get to those types of speeds it gets really hard to get that next mph.  That is where all the little things really start to matter.  Check out this link. http://blog.brocksperformance.com/kawasaki-zx-14r-12-16-information-page/ ; This will take you to our information page on the ZX-14R.  There are articles, videos, dyno charts, products, etc.  Anything and everything about that bike and what we did to get the most that we could out of it.  Good luck and if you have any other questions just let us know.  Have a great day!  P.S. no need to use any octane booster. 
Ninja Focus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ninja Focus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2019 at 2:27am
Hi and thank you Steve6,

I will definitely check it out and see where, what and how, it would be interesting to see what type of gearing ratio would be perfect for my expectations in hard/harsh acceleration with some proper top end and I use the word perfect loosely.

thanks again.

Steve6 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2019 at 9:05am
Yes, gearing is the age old question that there never is a "perfect" answer for.  Smile  Here is a link to a frequently asked question that Brock made about gearing that will help give you a place to start on that. http://blog.brocksperformance.com/faq/what-is-the-best-gearing-combination-for-my/  
Steve6 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2019 at 9:06am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ninja Focus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2019 at 9:25am
Thanks for the info. Every bit helps ... the only question at this moment in time is why no octane booster I'm sure theres a perfectly good reason in you saying so. 

Well I'm about 230-240lb individual and the climate here is hot and dry generally anything from 28C° - 40C° in summer and our winter seasons at best are unpredictable as we might very slim chance though see some snow so a general -6C°-10C° roughly. 

A 93-95 octane fuel is what we have available to us so a higher octane fuel if I pick up on what your saying isn't always best?
Brock View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2019 at 11:57am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ninja Focus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/26/2019 at 3:39am
much appreciated. Very interesting and definitely something to lookout for. 
Frederick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frederick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/07/2019 at 9:02am
Hi fellow South African Hug...how is your rhino doing? LOL
 I know this a very delayed reply (not sure if you even still come on here) but anyway..
Where in SA are you located? If its Gauteng area, you can get MR12 fuel from the guys at Tarlton. Octane boosters...I can second the fact that it dont work. My ZX14 and CBRXX both confirmed that for me
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic