Brock's Performance Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > YOU have questions....WE have answers!! > Information From Brock's Performance
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2018 zx14r problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CedricS1127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2018 zx14r problems
    Posted: October/22/2018 at 10:17pm
Hey guys I have a 2018 zx14r and just got the brock alien head full exhaust install and the ecu flash. I was cruising in 6th gear and roll on the throttle hard to 100% and around 7 to 8k rpm I noticr the rpm gauge went up fast but I didn't feel the pull corresponding to it. Now it got me thinking my clutch is slipping from the dynojet quick shifter. I also notice that I hear a little ticking coming from the motor here the right head at (view of on board) and i was trying to see if anybody have any input to my problems. The bike only have 2000 miles on and i haven't drag race it yet. Any help would be nice...
Huh buddy
Steve6 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/23/2018 at 8:31am
CedricS1127, it does sound like your clutch is slipping, probably due to the power that you gained with the new parts you put on.  We would recommend one of our clutch mods, https://brocksperformance.com/clutch-components/clutch-mods/?_bc_fsnf=1&brand=45. ; Ticking could be a couple of things.  Please give us a call when you have a chance at 937-912-0054 and we will help get you pointed in the right direction.  Have a great day!
Sundayamrun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sundayamrun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/27/2018 at 12:20pm
try running a good synthetic oil and see if that helps the problem motul 300v Allison less than 0 is 0 20 with Brock runs Petron Lucas additive works
Sundayamrun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sundayamrun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/27/2018 at 12:26pm
also it seems like the plates need to be adjusted there might be a thin plate where there's supposed be a thick plate,it shouldn't be doing that at all.I'm sure to super duty springs for heavy duty springs would fix the problem. Brock Davidson offers this also a clutch handle adjuster fantastic clutch cushion kit. The bike really launches

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic