Brock's Performance Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Articles and Information > Product Discussions (Customers Welcome to add a Topic)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Speedo problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starnes30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Speedo problems
    Posted: June/20/2017 at 11:59pm
Ok so last winter a field rat ate up my wiring harness , now that I replaced the harness it now has my check engine light coming on after you ride for 30 seconds or so and also the KTRC light stays on. Also the power mode is flashing and my speedometer doesn't work. If anybody can't give me info on how to fix this I would greatly appreciated. Another thing I bought a wiring harness and it was a 2015 harness and not a 2013 don't know if that could be the problem or not but just wanted to give you all the info. Thanks for the help
Starnes30 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starnes30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/21/2017 at 12:02am
Been really thinking about just trading it off if I can't get this fixed and it's a 2013 Zx-14. Sorry
Steve6 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/21/2017 at 9:19am
Starnes30, electrical problems are always a pain to pinpoint.  If you haven't already I would start by double checking all connections.  It is often the case that a plug looks like it is all the way together but it really isn't, make sure that when you connect them you push until you hear a click.  If that doesn't work I would take it to a Kawasaki dealership and see if they can trouble shoot that for you.  I hope this helps. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic